ADVISORY: Norton to Speak at Press Conference Thursday, Deliver Petition to White House Calling on Biden to Urge Senate to End Filibuster & Pass Voting Rights Legislation
WASHINGTON D.C. — This Thursday, August 12, Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) will speak at a press conference after delivering a petition to the White House calling on President Biden to leverage the power of his office to publicly urge the Senate to end the filibuster and ensure lawmakers can pass her D.C. statehood bill, along with other crucial legislation protecting voting rights. Speakers and event details are listed below.
WHAT: Press conference delivering petition to White House
WHEN: Thursday, August 12, 11:00 AM
- Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC)
- Cliff Albright, Co-Founder of Black Voters Matter
- Ben Jealous, President & CEO of People for the American Way
- Sean Eldridge, President & Founder of Stand Up America
- Ría Thompson-Washington, Senior Manager for Voting Rights & Democracy at Center for Popular Democracy
- Eli Zupnick, Spokesperson for Fix Our Senate
- Stephen Spaulding, Senior Counsel & Advisor at Common Cause
- Ezra Levin, Co-Executive Director of Indivisible
- Adam Smith, End Citizens United
WHERE: 17th St NW / New York Ave/State Pl NW entrance to White House grounds.