Norton Secures Nearly $12 Million for D.C. Organizations in House Appropriations Bills
WASHINGTON, D.C. – Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton (D-DC) announced today that she secured nearly $12 million in Community Project Funding, formerly known as earmarks, for District of Columbia organizations in the House’s fiscal year 2022 appropriations bills. The Community Project Funding recipients are:
- $2 million for Children’s National Hospital
- $500,000 for D.C. Central Kitchen
- $800,000 for MedStar Washington Hospital Center,
- $210,000 for Capital Clubhouse Inc.
- $200,000 for Calvary Women’s Services
- $570,00 for DC Safe
- $3 million for 11th Street Bridge Park
- $910,000 for Faunteroy Community Enrichment Center
- $526,730 for District Alliance for Safe Housing
- $3 million for Marshall Heights Development Organization
Members were allowed to submit up to 10 requests. Norton received a total of 80 requests and submitted 10, though she said she regrets that she could not submit many worthy requests she received.
“It is my honor to fight for D.C. in Congress, and I am proud to have secured this much-needed funding,” Norton said.